|Construction of Stalhille airfield already started in 1915 along the Cathilleweg and it became operational in June 1917 as was the case with the neighbouring Snellegem airfield . The airfield was used by Schusta 1 between June and September 1917. After the armistice Stalhille shortly housed the Sopwith Camel fighters of N° 213 Squadron RAF.|
Marinekorps Flandern Archive
The same location of Stalhille airfield as it looked on a Google Earth picture of July 2009.
Last updated 10/06/12 10:42 Daniel Brackx