Stinson SR-9C Reliant (c/n 5174) OO-AFA was registered to Mr. G. Hanet on 11 June 1937. On 26 august 1938 it was impressed by the Aéronautique Militaire. Lt Hanet flew the aircraft from Gent, where it was stationed, to Brussels/Evere and on 28 August 1938, military roundels were applied.
Later the aircraft was sold by Lt Hanet to the Aéronautique Militaire who earmarked the machine for the target towing role at the Oostende based "Ecole de Tir" (replacing the obsolete Breguet 19).
Lt Hanet flew the aircraft from Brussels to Oostende on 13 April 1940 (departure at 11.40 hr, arrival at 12.12 hr). The official hand-over date was 16 April 1940. What happened after this date is unknown, but it was seen derelict at Montauban on 21 June 1940. (Info provided by Guy Destrebecq)
Click here to see the same aircraft in military uniform
Daniel Brackx Collection
Last updated 26/03/12 20:54 Daniel Brackx